Here is a list of the words and phrases we covered in this week’s little Jèrriais lesson on BBC Jersey (Monday 2.30pm). This was the last for now – the Jèrriais slot is planned to return after the holidays and after BBC schedule changes.
- La Fête dé Noué
- Bouan Noué = Merry Christmas
- lé Jour dé Noué = Christmas Day
- la Sèrvelle dé Noué = Christmas Eve
- la Longue Veil’ye = 23rd December
- un arbre dé Noué = a Christmas tree
- un cantique dé Noué = a Christmas carol
- à forche dé crier Noué, i’ veint = shout Christmas for long enough and it’ll turn up
Click on linked words for a sound clip!